A Refresher: What Is SEO and Why Your Business Needs It
In this article, you’ll learn:
- What is SEO?
- Known Ranking Factor of SEO
- Benefits of SEO
- Achieve Success Through SEO.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality organic traffic of your website.
Expounding on this definition, SEO means:
- Attracting visitors who are actively looking for you.
- Optimizing your website to increase traffic through higher rank in search results.
- Increasing traffic without spending for every click through organic traffic.
Known Ranking Factors
Heads-up, we’ll focus on Google’s ranking factors in SEO.
According to 128 SEO professionals interviewed by Moz.com, these are the ranking factors in Google organic results:
Andrey Lipattsev, Search Quality Senior Strategist at Google (Ireland), states that there are three important ranking signals in Google. These are: links, content, and RankBrain.
- Links – These are the links your site uses that redirect audience to other sites and the links from other sites that points back to you. Google evaluates these links according to following factors: source authority, nofollow, source relevance, contextual relevance, anchor text, the link destination, and diversity.
- Content – These are the things that make your website relevant to a keyword. Though intent-matching ranks higher than keyword-matching, content is still king. Audience engagement with your content (e.g. reading it all, social sharing, etc.) is still one of the highest SEO factors.
- RankBrain – This is a component of Google’s core algorithm which uses artificial intelligence (the ability of machines to teach themselves from data input). Through this, Google determines the most relevant result in search engine queries.
Benefits of SEO
According to Adloox report, among U$D80 billion global digital ad spend last 2017, U$D 16.4 billion was used to fraud traffic and bot manufactured clicks.
This is a shame especially to marketers and business owners who only want to reach their target audience.
This might be the reason why brands and agencies in the United States will shell out $72.02 billion for SEO services in 2018.
We compiled these statistics to give you an idea why businessmen invest billions in SEO:
- 65,999 Google searches occur in a second. Among these searches and let’s +also include other search engines, 51 percent of all website traffic comes from organic search, only 10 percent from paid search, 5 percent for social, and 34 percent from all other sources.
- 62.2% of Google searches done on desktop devices result in an organic click, 2.8% in a paid click, and 35% in no click. While there is 40.90% click for organic results on mobile and only 2% for paid results in mobile device.
In short, (well, according to moz.com) there are 20 times more traffic opportunity in SEO than PPC from both mobile and desktop.
- 94 out of 100 users clicks organic result over PPC result.
- 32.5% is the average traffic share of the first organic search result.
- 70% – 80% of users ignore the paid ads on the right side of the page.
- 76% of people who conduct a local search on their smartphone visit a physical place within 24 hours and 28% of those searches result in a purchase. In a week’s time, that 76% becomes 88%.
- More than 40% of the total digital revenue are captured through organic traffic.
- Last January, the first organic result gets an average of 29.38% clicks in desktop while 22.54% clicks on mobile.
- 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
- 78% of local-mobile searches result in offline purchases.
Achieve Success Through SEO
First Step: Find Expert Web Developers
Search engines have crawlers or spiders which fetch your web pages, read it, and add it to their index. After crawling and indexing your web pages, they will rank your web pages according to the algorithm factors.
Expert web developers can influence Google indexing process through managing how crawlers discover your content through URL. They can further enhance your website visibility by practicing the latest trends and innovations in the world of search.
Second Step: Build an SEO-friendly site
There are 40 to 60 billion searches that happen in United States every month. If we expand these numbers globally, there are 1.2 trillion searches yearly.
After finding the expert web developers, start the SEO walk. Ask them to apply the SEO techniques to your website. If you have an existing site, the redesigned website must still follow the SEO techniques to increase your visibility.
Optimize Your Website and Grab the SEO Opportunities
There are undeniable growth opportunities in SEO. This is why marketers and businessmen are using and scouting Denver SEO specialists to increase their search ranking.
But, excellent website development offers better SEO opportunities.
VirtuoLegance can help you with that. We are equipped with the latest technologies and tools to give you a unique virtual channel that follows SEO best practices.