The shift to mobile is here.
More than 200 million people had their first mobile device in 2017, and two-thirds of the world’s 7.6 billion inhabitants now have a mobile phone (that’s 3.6 billion more than internet users in the world!). – WeAreSocial and Hootsuite 2018 report
What Is a Mobile-first Website?
Mobile-first is a design process that starts with mobile screens then working your way up. Constraining the design on mobile first prioritizes the essential features of your website.
This is one of the best strategies for creating a responsive or adaptive design.
What Are The Benefits Of A Mobile-first Website?
- Easy navigation.
- Essential features are prioritized.
- The hardest design is done first. Other devices are easier to design.
- Focus, clean, and more usable design for every type of device
- Assurance that your customers will experience a responsive website.
Why Do You Need To Prioritize Mobile?
Prioritizing mobile needs no excuses. But if you need convincing, we compiled thirteen reasons why you need a mobile-optimized website.
- Your audience finds you through mobile. Among trillions of searches on search engines, over half happens on mobile.
- Customers leave non-mobile friendly website. According to Adobe, 8 in 10 consumers will stop engaging if the content doesn’t display properly on their device. 62% of users who had a negative brand experience on mobile will be less likely buy from that brand in the future.
- The eCommerce revenue it brings. 50% eCommerce revenue in the United States comes from mobile.
- More clicks yet less cost. According to Merkle research, phones and tablets produce 67% of retail and consumer goods clicks with only 46% of costs.
- It gives conversion right now. There’s a 2.1x increase in mobile searches for “store open now” or “food open now”.
- Be found by your potential local buyers. 30% of all mobile searches are location related.
- Views online turn to a physical store visit. 76% of searches visits the store nearby within a business day.
- Visits from online converts offline. 78% of local-mobile searches result in offline purchases.
- Be found by your buyers. 50% B2B search queries in 2017 happen on smartphones. It is expected to grow by 70% by 2020.
- Keep your buyers. More than 90% of B2B buyers will likely buy again if they had a superior mobile experience. But if they had a poor mobile experience, only half will consider buying again.
- Fast track your conversions. Through facilitating efficiencies in decision-making and enhanced team collaboration, particularly with more complex purchases, mobile can fast-track time to purchase by 20%.
- Paperless but an analytics-backed transaction. Over 40% of online transactions are now done on mobile. Analytics tracks every action your customer takes in your site. It gives insight into audience engagement and possible marketing strategy to get more conversions from them.
- It has unstoppable growth as a venue for conversions. 120% year on year growth on searches that enables users to make reservations, track orders, and discounts.
Another great reason is the Google Speed Update.
Google created an algorithm update exclusively for mobile searches. Starting July 2018, page speed will be a ranking factor for mobile searches. So, if you’re website is not Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) your potential customers might never find you.
Prioritize Mobile-First and Get These Opportunities
Customers abandon unresponsive and unreadable websites on their devices, fast.
Prioritize mobile to grab and reap these opportunities by creating or optimizing your site! VirtuoLegance can help you create your virtual representation while having the latest innovation needed in a mobile-optimized website.